Monday, April 25, 2011

Training By Numbers

Books read: 5

Packages received: 5

Fish bones swallowed: 100+

Rolls of toilet paper used (at homestay): 1.5

Mosquito bites: too many to count

Ant bites: 1

Courses of Cipro taken: 1

Pairs of flip flops lost and/or broken: 2

Meters of fabric purchased: 13

Chickens killed in my presence: 3

Chickens that will be killed in my honor (or so I’m told): 1

Trainees gone home: 2

Trainees still here: 46

Days left of being a trainee: 18

Kilometers biked: 0

Hours it takes to drive to my future village: 12 (at least)

Number of people in my future village: 562

Number of boutiques: 4 (and 1 under construction)

Number of elementary school classrooms: 2 (both made of bamboo)

Number of health workers in my future village: 0

No comments:

Post a Comment