Thursday, April 7, 2011

Site Announcements!

We just found out our permanent sites! I'll be replacing a current health volunteer in a town called Sare Sara in the Kolda region - check it out here: http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&rlz=1C1SKPL_enUS418US419&q=sare+sara+senegal&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl. From the report I was given, I know there are about 550 people in the town and I'll be given my own 4mx4m hut with a concrete floor, thatch roof and "private bathroom." Alas, no running water or electricity but I'm only 20km from the regional capital and Peace Corps house where there are showers and wifi. I don't know much else about the site yet, but I get to spend 4 days there next week meeting my new family, counterparts and other volunteers in the region.

Due to limited space, please book your reservations at Chez Koumba early, all visitors will be treated to complimentary bucket baths, animal sacrifice and snuggling under a mosquito net.


No comments:

Post a Comment